Netflix is one of the best and most popular website for streaming content online. You can use this website for watching movies online, along with TV shows. Netflix is basically an American entertainment company which was founded back in 1997, and according to recent reports of January 2017, Netflix have more than 93 million subscribers worldwide which includes more than 49 million in the United States. Though services for Netflix are paid, but you can enjoy its services for free by using free trail for a month. Later, you can pay according to the plan you have subscribed to.
There are millions of people out there who are using Netflix on daily basis, and there are some people too who are looking for ways to cancel Netflix subscription. If you are one of them, then you have landed on the correct page. Here in this post we are going to tell you about Netflix subscription and how to cancel Netflix subscription from web, Android, iPad and iPhone.
If you are looking for best movie streaming sites, then you can consider using Netflix for streaming movies online, along with it, you can also watch TV shows and TV series online on Netflix. You can just visit the account center to either subscribe to any plans or to cancel them. Below we have shared methods to cancel Netflix subscription.
Also Check: free movie downloads sites 2017
What Is Netflix and It’s Subscription Plans
Netflix was started on August 29, 1997 as online streaming and video-on-demand service and till now it is being used by millions of people every day for watching movies and TV shows online without downloading. Signing up for Netflix is very easy, so does canceling it. If you have planned to cancel Netflix subscription plan, then don’t forget to make a note of your watch list before doing anything. This will help you to keep track of the things you left on your watch list. Another thing to know about Netflix is that its services are not available for free, and there are 3 plans available to choose from. If you are not a power user, then you can subscribe to cheapest plan to continue enjoying Netflix services.
Currently there are 3 plans available on Netflix which you can subscribe to according to your needs. The first plan is Basic, which includes 1 screen media streaming at a time without HD and costs around Rs.500/pm. Second plan (Standard) costs around Rs.650/pm and supports media streaming on 2 devices at a time with HD video output. The last plan is Premium, which costs Rs.800/pm and includes media streaming on 4 device at single time and you can get HD and Ultra HD video quality in this plan.
How To Cancel Netflix Subscription Plans
The easiest method to cancel subscription plans of Netflix is by doing it from your web browser on computer or laptop. You can also use your mobile device’s browser to follow below mentioned steps for canceling Netflix subscription plans. Before doing it, make sure you are ready to cancel your Netflix subscription plan because you might lose your data if you have not taken any backup of it. When you are ready to go ahead and cancel Netflix plans, then just follow then steps mentioned below:
- First of all open Netflix website and log in to your Netflix account.
- Once done, just click on the account name from the top right corner of the screen and then choose “Your Account” from the drop-down menu.
- Now you will be taken to your account page, where under Membership and Billing, you can find an option “Cancel Membership”. Just click on it.
- Now Netflix will tell you what will happen if you will cancel your Netflix account. Just go through the points and make sure you have taken every info about your account (if you want).
- Once you are ready, just click on “Complete Cancellation” button and wait for few minutes.
- Once you have done it, you will receive an email about your membership cancellation and you can confirm the date once again.
Another good thing about Netflix is that even if you have cancelled your subscription plan, still Netflix will keep your Viewing Activity for 10 months. So if you ever plan to come back during this time, you can pick up right where you left off.
Steps To Cancel Netflix Subscription From iPhone/iPad
Above mentioned method is the easiest way to cancel Netflix subscription plan either from your mobile or by using any web browser. There are people who are using iOS devices like iPhone and iPad to access Netflix content and if you are one of them, then we will tell you about the steps to cancel Netflix subscription from iPhone/iPad and other iOS devices. Just follow the steps mentioned below to do that:
- First of all click on Settings of your iPhone and then tap on iTunes & App Store option.
- Now you will be taken to iTunes and App Store settings of your iOS device and there click on Your Apple ID. Then you will have to tap on View Apple ID.
- There will be a Subscription tab available there, and under that you will find Manage button. Click on it to manage your linked accounts.
- A list of all active services with subscription will be displayed. There you can find Netflix, and you have to tap on it.
- Now you can find Automatic Renewal option there, by default it will be turned on, just toggle it Off.
Netflix is definitely one of the best movie streaming and TV series streaming website in the world right now, and if you often get bored, then you can use Netflix. You can also get movie DVDs from Netflix if you are using similar plan, and there are many more advantages too. Subscribing to Netflix services is easy, and so does canceling it. There might be many more ways available to cancel Netflix subscription plans available over the internet, but according to us above mentioned methods are easiest ones. If you know about any other way to cancel Netflix plans, then do let us know about them via comments below.