Have you been lately trying to browse internet using your Google Chrome browser? Are you getting an error on web page displaying fix err_spdy_protocol_error in Google Chrome? So, what might be the actually reason behind this error on your internet browser? This can be quite frustrating as at times you are in a hurry to find something and you start getting this error message. And the worst part is that it won’t go away no matter how many times you close your browser or restart your PC. Well, the reasons are mostly due to the https enabled websites or out-dated chrome browser and then because of antivirus or firewall blocking as well. If you want to completely get rid of this irritating error, then you have come to the right place.
What is SPDY actually? It is a protocol of the Google Chrome browser that is especially designed to enable fast loading of internet pages. Not only that also for providing the development of internet security. It causes this problem when the internet speed is slow. Here we will be discussing about some methods to fix err_spdy_protocol_error on Google chrome. These methods are 100% legit and if not one then the other method will work for sure. So check out these methods down below to solve your problems.
- Also Check: Taskbar not working windows 10
Methods to Fix ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR in Google Chrome browser:
The methods discussed here is no rocket science and you don’t need to tech guru to apply these. All that you need to do is read the methods mentioned below and apply. These are as simple as that. But make sure that you follow them accordingly otherwise more problems may arise.
Method 1: Fix err_spdy_protocol_error in Google chrome using Flush Sockets!
Here is the first trick that you can use to fix err_spdy_protocol_error in Google chrome. Here, we will be using Flush Sockets to fix the error.It quite easy to follow through.
- The first thing you have to do is simply launch the Google Chrome browser on your PC.
- Now copy the url “chrome://net-internals/#sockets” and then paste on the address bar of the Google chrome browser. Now simply hit the enter button.
- As you can see now, in the web page there is red bar on the top of the screen with an arrow pointing downwards, single-click on it. Now you will be able to menu pop up where you clicked. From there select Flush Socket.
Now you should restart your Google Chrome browser, and see whether it works or not. This method solves this problem most of the time. Suppose that it hasn’t been solved then it is recommended that you try out the second method that has been mentioned down below.
Method 2: How to fix err_spdy_protocol_error in Google chrome browser by flushing DNS and Renewing IP?
Try this method, by using flushing DNS and Renewing IP to fix err_spdy_protocol_error on your Google browser. It is as easy as cleaning the temporary files and the steps are quite similar too.
- Press windows + R key to bring out the Run window dialogue box. A typing bar would be present there. In that bar type “cmd.”
- In the next step, you have to type “ipconfig/flushdns” and then press on the enter button to run the command.
- Now open the command prompt once again, and then type “ipconfig/release” and hit the enter button.
Now you have to restart your computer and after a while open the Google Chrome browser on your computer. If this method did not work out as well try fixing it by using Avast free antivirus.
Method 3: How to fix err_spdy_protocol_error in Google chrome browser by using Avast Free Antivirus?
If you are using Avast Free Antivirus software, then it might be the reason behind the spdy error on your chrome browser. But for that you don’t have to uninstall Avast Free Antivirus. All that you need to do is disable a feature of the antivirus. To fix this errors follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open the Avast Free Antivirus software on your PC, and go for the setting which lies just below on the left-hand side corner.
- Just below the General options, you will get components options just click on web shield components, and then un-tick to disable https scanning.
- Setting the main parameters of the web shield by disabling the https scanning. This will help to fix the problem when you are getting lots of error with the http enabled websites.
Now you can restart your Google Chrome browser and see whether the spdy error is fixed. This should fix this error. If it is not working then you need to try out the next method that is by clearing the cookies of your browser.
Method 4: How to fix err_spdy_protocol error by clearing cookies from your Google Chrome Browser?
Clearing cookies is one of the common ways to get rid of this problem. The steps of carrying out this method have been provided below. Check it out now.
- Click on the three dot button on the Google Chrome browser.
- Now go to the history of the browser and then click on “Clear browsing data”.
- Choose by selecting the boxes which you want to delete data along with cached images and files, cookies and other site and plugin data.
Did you try all the above mentioned methods? Still your problem is not solved. Well there is final method that you need to follow to get rid of this problem permanently. The method has been provided down below.
Method 5: Steps To Fix err_spdy_protocol_error by Resetting your Google Browser?
This one is one of the simplest methods of fixing the spdy_protocol_error in Google Chrome browser. It is just like following any other method. Learn how to reset your Google browser by following the steps shown below.
- First of all, click on the three-dot button which is situated on your top right hand side of the browser screen. This will provide you with a drop down menu.
- Look for the settings option, single-click on it and then you will be redirect into the next page and then click on Advance Settings
- Now scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will find an option “Reset all settings”, just click on it and then wait for a while. This might take a while so wait patiently. After that you need to restart your Google Chrome Browser.
We can assure you that after you have applied this, your problem related to err_spdy_protocol_error will be solved.
By now you have learnt the possibilities what might have caused you trouble in browsing internet. So, if you are having trouble to browse any page on your Chrome browser, you don’t have to worry any longer. By applying all the above mentioned methods to fix err_spdy_error in Google Chrome you will be able to solve your problem. But remember that you need to follow those above methods systematically otherwise some other problems might start arising. So apply these methods and solve your spdy_error on Google Chrome. If you have any further queries about these errors then do comment below and let us know. We will help our best to answer your questions.
If you read the full tutorial and your problem is solved then return to Homepage for more Tips Tricks And Tutorial